Friday 18 April 2008

Skip and jump into next week!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog...

April 13 - Lazy Sunday

Well, I spent the day at work... one-person shifts are the norm for weekends at the branch I am at now. It's nice in many ways, but when it's slow, well.... it's SLOW. Still, there's always things to do and I get paid if it's busy OR slow, which I've always liked.
I do like Sunday nights. SG: Atlantis is on, as is the Simpsons.. and I get to just plain relax. I am trying not to spend too much time on NWN, but I do like seeing my friends there more than once a week... but not every night, as some folk seem to ALWAYS be on there. Not for me, that.

April 14 - Overtime

I opened the store today, and got a bit of bad( maybe good )news: our floater employee has been co-opted by another branch, due to three people giving notice this week - ouch! So that means I will be working 6 days a week for the next long while. Which is bad for having full days off, but good in terms of getting regular O/T... which ironically, I had wondered a little while back if I'd ever be getting again. Goes to show you should be careful what you wish for!

April 15 - Short day.

Morning shift again, which I don't mind at all. Evening spent writing.

April 16 - Days spent...?


Got a nice call from Brian today around noon, we chatted for about 1/2 an hour. Sounds like his new business venture is doing VERY well, which is great! I'm crossing my fingers that he'll be able to do that full-time by year's end, which I'm sure he'd like too!
The third season of SG: Atlantis arrived in the mail today too, along with the SG: Ark of Truth movie. I'll set aside some time next week to watch them, as I have a few things on the go of late... more articles for my online computer site, and so forth. Maybe even a new Nichneven story in a few weeks - we'll see.
All in all a nice, relaxing day. I didn't spend much of it outside, for though the sun shone for a while the wind was still cold and rather strong. Not patio weather.

April 17 - Harry Potter Movie Night!

A second nice day off in a row. The sun was shining all day, and it was a little warner than yesterday. I tidied up the place( yet again )and got everything except a pile of papers( again )put away in their proper places for tonight. I met my neighbour Laurel for a tea out at Mocha House in Cook St. Village in the late afternoon, where we soaked in some sunshine on the patio.
It was Harry Potter Dinner and Movie Night here tonight, starting at 6pm. Laurel as well as my neighbours Ben & Caley all came over to watch the first two Harry Potter films( in HD! )as well as to nosh on Ben's amazing home-made pizza. Caley is apparently a huge Potter fan( she drank her tea from a Slitherin mug )so we all enjoyed the films more with her insights from the books as we watched. It was well into the morning when we finished, as everyone stayed for a lively discussion of the benefits of raw food, which Laurel is working on for herself and some others.

April 18 - Mix of Sun, Rain, and Cloudy Skies

Started off with rain this morning, which I could feel from the air pressure drop - ouch. At least I seem to have got a little gadget working that I picked up some months ago: a keychair weather predictor. Yep, now that I have figured out how to calibrate it, this little beauty should be able to predict weather changes like today's, all in one neat little package. I got it on sale too - nice!
I used some of the morning writing up most of my blog( thought I did it all Sun nights, did you? )and I noticed that Niagara is running 24 degrees this morning ,whilst here it's wet and 8 degrees. Payback I guess, for not having any snow here this winter. *grin*
I then worked the evening shift today. 'nuff said about that part.

April 19 - AvP vs Laundry: Facehugger socks?

Worked my first of the two usual one-person weekend shifts today. It was surprisingly steady, but again this branch attracted very few idiots among the bunch. Rene called, and my Vonage system finally worked like it's supposed to, ringing my cell at work. Fortunately I had left it on and it wasn't busy, so was able to have a brief chat with him. Turns out he had some good news: a new apartment in a great location! I'm very happy for him and Shi!
Evening saw me home well before sundown, which was nice as I had to catch up on... laundry. Argh. Not really a bad thing in this building, as it's only $1.25 a load and I always seem to hit the machines at off peak, which works out well enough. I watched some of AliensVsPredator over dinner - great concept, lousy movie.

April 20th - Sunshine through armoured glass

Another day spent away... from home, that is. Worked until dinnertime on my own, and it wasn't as busy as yesterday. The skies cleared up by late afternoon and it was sunny for a good few hours before I left. My dad picked me up and we went to their place for dinner: homemade pizza, shrimp included! Most tasty. I came home and spent a little time on various chores, and then spent a while writing a little story entitled 'The Backwards Knight.' Might be more on that one later... but it's early to bed for an early morning Monday. Forgot to turn on the Xbox360 when I got home today, oops. Next weekend for sure, guys!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you really skipping and jumping a lot? BC is having some kind of effect on you...